Saturday, January 11, 2014

2014 New Years goal....

I am not a huge fan of "New Years Resolutions" but I saw an idea that sounded like something that might be fun for this year.  The person was talking about picking a word as a sense of focus for 2014.  I thought it sounded interesting and a fun activity to do with Justin.  So on our way back from visiting family we talked and thought about what our words would be for the year.  We decided that they would be verbs, actions we could take in each aspects of our lives to focus and think on :)  We have each picked our words and have spend time thinking of practical ways to work on these things in our time with Jesus, our relationships, our family, our physical and emotional health.

It isn't something that we are great at now...but I have faith that with Jesus' help and each other reminding ourselves of our word I think it is something that I will be better at in 11 months.

I started by thinking about what I thought Jesus' next thing for me was, what I wanted to do better at, what I desperately needed to put focus on and help with.

I am excited about this and thought I would share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment