Monday, March 11, 2013

We had a moment....

This morning while this was coming out of the oven we had a moment....

 
All three kids where "playing" together, Nora had just eaten and was happily laying on her floor gym soaking up some Vitamin D from a near by window and Blake and Claire were playing Lego's next to her. :) 

 
 
 
I post this not because I want people to feel like this is how it is always at our house-me getting to bake something while the kids just calmly take care of themselves...-IT IS NOT-...quite the opposite actually.

In fact right after these pictures, Claire got a hold of one of Blake's ships and broke it to pieces, leading to crying from him and a timeout + crying for her...at that exact moment is when Nora puked on herself and started screaming....that is MOSTLY what is happening in our home these days...

BUT rather I post this to remind myself that we did have A MOMENT where I felt like we had settled into our new rhythm of 3 kids with 1 mom for 12 hours a day...that is what I want to try to challenge myself to remember during the other moments-the ones that can whisper that we will never find our grove.

These moments remind me that with grace and love from Jesus we will hopefully have more and more of them as the days and weeks go on...and on the days we don't...they will help remind me that it is possible, I am not failing, we are figuring this out together and I am loved in the midst of this crazy, wonderful, difficult job we call motherhood. :)

***Please note too these pictures were taken at 11am and we ALL are in our PJs***  :)

1 comment: